don't postpone joy

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

CRAZY

I've spent some time at Kurt booth's (sorry, but I still haven't learned how to link to anyplace else...) or maybe I have. http://huckswharf.blogspot.com/ blog today. Made me think. and giggle.
He asked about the craziest thing you've ever done. I read the entry before...but there was more today.
He's jumped out of an airplane.
dude!
I would sooooooooo love to jump out of an airplane. I don't happen to think that's crazy at all. Thinking about it, I don't actually know what constitutes crazy, in my mind.

Here are some of the things I've done in my life that I know other people think are crazy:

(Remembering these things have kept me entertained here, for the better part of an hour!)

Picked up a hitch hiker
helped strangers
had sex on the 50 yard line of a high school football field (as an adult)
went to a non-english speaking country by myself. twice. no electricity or running water
took in a 20 year old black kid
driven when I'd had too much to drink
got 2 tattooes (is that how you spell that? it doesn't look right)
worked on an oil pipeline
even though we just met that day, I had sex with this guy named Gino...only after I let him shave me
wore short skirts to work (I'm a school teacher)
still do stuff on dares
pole danced...even though I have no actual experience in that department
canopy jumped
got 5 piercings in one ear
let first dates pick me up at my house
joined and still participate in Kiwanis (which is an organization made up mostly of retired old men)
and of course, the obligatory: been with another woman
the list just goes on...
I, personally don't think any of those things are crazy.
Although I do frequent my backyard naked, I have never run up and down the street that way.
and even though I'm still polishing off that cake batter from last night, I don't think it's "normal"...but not exactly crazy, either.

(Please note: I purposely excluded the gallons of alcoholic concoctions guzzled, pounds of smoked reefer, and hundreds of speckled speed capsules swallowed... and speaking of swallowing!...)

I'll tell you something else other people think is crazy...I pray for Dubya and Bin Laden honestly, and wholeheartedly...and I think I'm still a card carryin Democrat.
Oh, and don't forget, I forgave Ron for all that shit he pulled...nobody I know thinks that's not crazy.
I believe my Grandfather came to my room after he'd been dead 6 months
I don't save enough for my retirement---that's probably crazy
I've never done it with a farm animal...now THAT would be crazy!
whew!
did it.
thought of a crazy thing. what's crazy for me, though, may not be crazy for you...who am I to judge?
I'll tell ya what, I wouldn't mind it if someone were crazy for me...ONLY if I could be crazy for them at the same time

Tomorrow's hump day.
Then Half Nekid Thursday(which I always forget about)
Then Friday (I have a date, by the way)
Saturday I am working some Mayor's ball---so I get to wear my only formal
no rest till Sunday

OK
I'm all crazied out

PS
I also keep a nine millimeter close to me as I sleep.
I am THIS CLOSE to just quitting my job today, and finding another one where I can just travel the world and talk to hundreds of people at one time. Either that or find a way to go to Africa. Or New Orleans.
Sometimes I read my posted blogs like 14 times.
I care. I mean really care, about everyone I know. Whether I like em or not.
I've contemplated suicide, homicide, and bank robbery.

There.
see what a little sleep can do for crazy?!!







14 Comments:

At 13 September, 2005 20:57, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG you crazy chick..you have done what I always profess to want to do to hot men..do them on the fifty yard line..incredible! course I always say "at half time" to make it interesting..you have had a good life it sounds like dear woman..i envy you and your independant self..and YOU GOT A FUCKING DATE? AWESOME!!!! enjoy yourself, hope he;s not boring and makes you laugh and smile all night long..and i do mean ALL night :) I always think of you as shy but from this list it doesnt appear that way..good post!

 
At 13 September, 2005 21:01, Blogger daisyduke said...

I told you I'm not holdin back anymore. I even say FUCK sometimes!!!

 
At 13 September, 2005 21:02, Blogger Unknown said...

ps..i am so jealous of the pole dancing..you are one fantastic person..pole dancing to taking in people..you run the gamut!

 
At 13 September, 2005 21:04, Blogger daisyduke said...

I'm telling you...the edge is where I live...I never said I was good at the pole dancing, though

 
At 13 September, 2005 22:22, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Thinking naughty thoughts.

 
At 14 September, 2005 07:29, Blogger daisyduke said...

Yes, Dusty, I got a fucking date! LOL! GETTING the dates isn't the problem. It's the keeping 'em around part that's difficult. He usually just doesn't hold my attention very long. There's someone out there for me, though...I just know it. The interview process is fun, but sometimes tedious...he'll show up...As for the crazy stuff...I'm pretty sure ole Polly Anna would do it all again...I have no desire to leave any stone unturned.

Now Rat...care to elaborate on those dirty thoughts?

Mel, I listened to you this morning...cracked up at the redneck comment! It's great to put a voice to the face--and of course you may steal this. I see it as the highest form of flattery (don't forget, I stole it from kurt)

 
At 14 September, 2005 07:32, Blogger daisyduke said...

and eeeeewwwwwwwwww strange 'crazy' old lady who wants to do it with you!!!!

 
At 14 September, 2005 10:13, Blogger Unknown said...

lord have mercy this post is getting trippier by the minute..mel has voice now on her blog? how did i miss this..brb..

 
At 14 September, 2005 10:20, Blogger Kurt said...

i used to hitchhike all the time. that was how i got to high school. and home after. once i had to hitch from Ft Lauderdale home to CT. that was kind of surreal. but it seemed perfectly normal at the time.
don't think i'd reccommend the practice now. and i don't pick 'em up. i'm a wuss. but if i had your 9mm...

 
At 14 September, 2005 10:36, Blogger Unknown said...

when I became an emancipated minor my dad took back the car thinking I would give up and move home..sorry sucker not gonna happen..I hitched to work every single day..funny story..i was hitching one morning and I saw my dads car coming down the road..what did I do?? i jumped into the bushes until he passed..not because I was afraid of him..i was afraid the asshole would stop! I hitched to work every day for six months..someone at the office gave me a ride home every nite..i can not believe i did that now looking back..i was so lucky i didnt have some kook pick me up and kill me..

as for the 9 Mil, you be careful it doesnt go off and shoot you thru the head dearheart..i would hate for something to happen to ya..your my favorite blogger and i love your crazy ass..wish i could come down and visit.we could have some fun dont you know it..

 
At 14 September, 2005 11:02, Blogger CozyMama said...

WOW, I like your crazed thoughts!!! I will be back! Thanks for stopping by mine.

 
At 14 September, 2005 13:24, Blogger Eddie said...

Yay for Friday night date!

 
At 14 September, 2005 15:32, Blogger Unknown said...

oh..you want to see africa eh? here is a nice link to a webcam I found:

http://www3.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/wildcamafrica/wildcam.html

its located in Botswana on a wildlife preserve, reserve, whateverthehellyoucallit..

 
At 14 September, 2005 20:01, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Before anyone kills themself (which is entirely their business and it's free choice), but I highly recommend having a nice party first. It's so easy to get a handful of legit credit cards so go burn through several thousand dollars first on travelling and partying before you do anything bad. I know you really won't, but this is more for your other readers. I do care to elaborate by the way, but not here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home